Scaling Evidence-Based Models
New Resources from AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps recently released new guides to assist organizations seeking to improve their current evaluation methods and scale effective programs.
Through research and evaluation, AmeriCorps is committed to finding what works and making that information accessible to others. Scaling evidence-based national service program models further improves community outcomes and lives, while also making AmeriCorps and its grantees good stewards of public resources. Using this body of knowledge, AmeriCorps developed a suite of resources included guides, checklists, and a soon-to-be-released interactive virtual scaler tool to assist other organizations in identifying, replicating, and scaling effective programs.
- Baseline Equivalence: What it is and Why it is Needed
- What Makes for a Well-Designed, Well-Implemented Impact Study
- How to Fully Describe an Intervention
- Making the Most of Data
- How to Structure Implementation Supports
- Build Organizational Capacity to Implement an Intervention
- Scaling Checklists: Assessing Your Level of Evidence and Readiness (SCALER)
- Scaling an Intervention: Recommendations and Resources
- Scaling the Birth and Beyond Intervention: Insights from the Experiences of the Child Abuse Prevention Council
- Scaling the Reading Corps Intervention: Insights from the Experiences of the United Way of Iowa
- Scaling the Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters Intervention: Insights from the Experiences of Parent Possible
Reports and Articles:
- Scaling Evidence-Based Interventions: Insights from the Experiences of Three Grantees
- Planned Scaling Activities of AmeriCorps-Funded Organizations
- Evidence of Effectiveness in AmeriCorps-Funded Organizations
Read the full AmeriCorps Research & Evaluation Digest here.