Next month, on November 20, we’ll be celebrating the power of families who work together to support their communities and neighborhoods. Here are five ideas for promoting Family Volunteer Day and engaging families in your community:
- Create a landing page. Update your website with a special page featuring family-friendly project ideas. Points of Light has a number of youth-oriented project guides and DIY videos with ideas you can repurpose.
- Promote on social media. Check out our Family Volunteer Day toolkit full of social media graphics and language that you can use to promote the event on your social channels. Encourage families to share on their social network of choice using the hashtag: #FamilyVolunteerDay
- Share via your newsletter. Let folks know to save the date! Download and customize this sample newsletter to share with your network or create your own call to action.
- Link to existing projects. Direct people to search for family-friendly volunteer opportunities on Engage, or other volunteer project sources. Explore the search filters for projects that are good for families, teens and seniors. If you are promoting your own Family Volunteer Day projects, be sure to tag them so people can find them easily.
- Contact local media. Help spread the word about Family Volunteer Day and promote the activities your organization is involved with to bring families together.